Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ken Griffey Jr. Retires


When I was a kid, my favorite baseball player was Ken Griffey Jr. I collected his baseball cards, I followed his games and when I was about 13 my dad took me to a Mariners v. Twins game. We were sitting right down the 3rd base line, right over the Twins dugout and my childhood hero, Ken Griffey Jr. stepped up to the plate in the 1st inning against Brad Radke. All I remember is seeing that sweet swing connect with a fastball and watching the ball leave the yard and thinking to myself, "I got to see Griffey Jr. hit a home run."

He'll walk right into the Hall of Fame the 1st year he's eligible, he one of the greatest players during the 90's and I hope that he resurfaces somewhere in the MLB either as a commentator, coach or in some other capacity. Goodbye Ken Griffey Jr., thanks for all the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment