Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ballpark Report: Coors Field

I did this last year when I attended baseball games and it's kinda fun, so I'll do it again. I had the fortune (thanks Father-In-Law!!) of attending the St. Louis Cardinals v. Colorado Rockies game on Wednesday July 7th and it ended up being on of the most enjoyable times I've had at a ballpark in my life. We got to the park a good two hours before the game hoping to catch some BP but the weather didn't cooperate.


We had great seats (row 14) and I really enjoyed watching the process of the tarp removal, something I had never seen before. The game got started on time, but first, some pictures of the Prince of Baseball, Albert Pujols.




I had never seen Pujols live before, so I was paying special attention to his at-bats, but he went 0-5 with a strikeout. The game was pretty wild with 33 hits and 15 runs. The real treat though was the bottom of the ninth. The previous night, the Rockies had a 9-run comeback win, the largest in their history and with the game tied at 7 in the 9th, Chris Iannetta stepped to the plate and delivered a game-winning, walk-off homerun. Words can't describe the excitement in the stadium, the whole place was rockin' and it was awesome to be a part of it. Some people enjoy pitcher's duel and I can appreciate those, but my heart is really in what John Gordon calls, a "donnybrook." I'll leave you with a few more pics from the game.






No comments:

Post a Comment